I am obsessed with a casserole recipe that is basically Velveeta, ground beef and macaroni. Tonight I could no longer resist its siren song… it had to be mine.
Cheezy, Meaty, Macaroni White Trash Casserole
- 1/2 box (4oz) macaroni – cooked until just al dente and drained
- 1 package of Gimme Lean, ground beef style – browned and crumbled
- 1 batch of cheezy sauce
- 1 can of condensed tomato soup
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
Put cheezy tomato sauce in a large sauce pan, add onions and bell pepper. Bring to a simmer. Add cooked and drained macaroni and browned Gimme Lean. Mix well and transfer to a 2 quart casserole dish. Put in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
Remove when top is toasty brown. Serve with salad and/or apple sauce for a real white trash touch!
Serves 6 for less than 350 calories! Take that, Velveeta!