There is nothing I love more than roasted potatoes, except maybe the combination of roasted potatoes and avocado!
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained (always rinse and drain ALL canned beans!)
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes (or 1 medium tomato), diced
- 1/2 large avocado, diced
- small bunch of cilantro, chopped finely
- 15 fingerling potatoes, cut in half lengthwise (or 2 large potatoes cut in wedges)
- Olive oil
- salt, pepper, cumin, oregano
Toss potatoes in 1 tsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in a 350 degree oven for half an hour or until fork tender and golden brown on the outside. Stir once while cooking.
In a bowl toss beans and peppers in 1 tsp olive oil, salt, pepper and 1tsp cumin. Let sit until potatoes are ready.
When potatoes are roasted and toasty brown remove from oven. Add tomatoes, avocado and cilantro to beans and peppers. Toss gently.
Spoon bean salad over roasted potatoes.
I LOVE the cold salad over the warm potatoes and the crunch of the peppers with the creaminess of the avocados.
We ate this with the asparagus soup for dinner last night. I just had a craving for vegetables – clean and bright.
You can thank me later! 😀