Learn it, live it, love it.
It’s a seed that acts like a grain and it’s DELICIOUS! It has a very mild taste that soaks up flavor like crazy! It’s delicious as a bed under a savory dish – and even better sweetened as a porridge.
Here’s the basic recipe – easy as pie! Makes 4 servings
- Soak 1 cup of quinoa in water for 15 – 30 minutes
- Drain in a fine metal sieve
- Put in a stock pot with 1-1/2 cups water, bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to low, cover, cook for 15 minutes
- Remove from heat, let sit for 5 minutes
- Fluff and serve
I made a triple batch tonight so that I would have plenty of leftovers. If you’re making a single batch for dinner, consider using vegetable broth instead of plain water – it’ll be soooo good!